February 08, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday-BAM Mad Men Party


Bellevue Arts Museum Party Features ‘Mad Men’ and Martinis


 The 1960s-themed party featured DJ Greg Vandy, live music by Seattle’s the Nightcaps, and improv theatre by Plaid Men, as well as a cash bar and Vegas-style gambling with paper money. It was $10 for a non-member ticket and I can tell you it was worth every penny and probably more. It was PACKED (about 500) with people dying to get out of the house after being stuck indoors for the past few days due to snow. The evening was filled with fun, excitement, good music and classy men and women dressed up 1960's "dapper-ness" in full effect.

We danced to live lounge music, sipped martinis, enjoyed candy cigarettes and gambled our life savings away-AND we were able to view the George Nelson: Architect, Writer, Designer, Teacher exhibit which was AMAZING. 

Seattle, you sure know how to throw and party-BAMignite’s “Mad Men & Martini Party” was a huge success. I even overlooked the 30 minute line to purchase a drink, this was no fault to BAM, they had all but one bartender cancel last minute due to the weather conditions. However as a courtesy BAM provided us with free wine as we anxiously waited to get our drank on-HAPPY.

To those who have never seen the show Mad Men filled with 1960's Hollywood GLAM.  A drama about one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.Check out the trailer here. Trust me if you LOVE vintage fashion you will surely be hooked. They really did their homework, from head to toe, from bedroom to office they hit the nail on the head when it comes to taking us back in time.



MAD MEN FASHION 1960's 

Classy, even with a cigarette.

LOVE-Hour glass shape.

I adore this outfit. I want to wear that outfit today.
Check out this blog for more fabulous Mad Men fashion, I don't know about you, but I cant get enough. I felt women truly embraced their beauty, power and femininity, from the way they dressed, not revealing all the goods, the way the raised their children, to how they elegantly held their cigarette. In the work place the women back then held power in a discrete way. It's powerful and sexy to watch a woman work a room filled with testosterone the way they handled themselves in a male dominated world all I can say is
God, I love being a woman!


Marko and I at the Mad Men BAM Party.

Cool dude I met at the event.

Because I am a vintage fanatic I had a few options to choose from my closet. This is what I decided on-white peach polka dot dress with patent leather belt and 3inch Mary Janes, and long satin gloves. The dress was a show stopper. I had both men and women complementing me on my dress. Men were tapping their wives on the shoulder and saying, "wow, look at her dress." talk about ego booster, I can appreciate a man who recognizes fashion in ANY way. I can't say enough how much I love to dress up! One woman stopped me and said, "Your dress is fabulous, and you are the only person in here I felt worthy enough to say, you are definitely  the best dressed." She made my day as I thought to myself, "Girl, I got this at the Gwill." 


This young lady was rocking her FRO, and Jeffery was looking suppa duppa FLY

Two friends enjoying the evening, they looked 60's FABULOUS hair and all.

 Always, SOULBeautiful xoshalikaxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my SOULmates xoshalikaxo