January 09, 2012

Make It Your Own Monday

Happy Monday!

One trend that I've noticed is taking the runways and stores by storm is bringing back the '60s. Even one of my favorite magazines, Nylon did a whole piece on the revival of the sixties by showing the modern take on the time of The Beatles and Twiggy. I unfortunately didn't have the change to live in the '60s as I am a '90s baby, but the babydoll dresses, wide legged trousers and even the pea coat that Pippa Middleton wore last week have all emerged as strong pieces for this season. The sixties are back in full swing and now it's up to you to see how you want to rock it.

Mod Shift Dresses

 
I have this frock, so cute
 
differentiating stripes

Flared Jeans


an updated take on bell bottoms

classic flared denim




Details


Good luck!!

------
Today I recommend that you listen to Gotye. Pronouced Gautheir this Australian singer matches pop hooks with meaningful lyrics. Although not too well known in the US yet, his single Somebody That I Used To Know is getting some good air play on the radio around here. Gotye is going to be at the Neptune Theatre, click here for details. Click here to listen to some Gotye!

xx Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my SOULmates xoshalikaxo