March 19, 2012

SXSW: the fashion and the tunes

Happy Monday!
As you all may have figured out, my two biggest loves are fashion and music. I think they correlate seamlessly on most occasions and I'm incredibly inspired by both of them everyday just in my life in general. For the past week or so, the SXSW (South by Southwest) Music Festival took place in Texas. Music lovers across the world flocked to Austin to partake in one of the most unique music festivals to take place during season. You can take a look at the insanely long line up here, but some stand outs were, The Drums, Niki & The Dove, Ed Sheeran, Alabama Shakes, FRIENDS, and Daughter. Another awesome thing about SXSW is that not only is it a music festival, but a technology festival, film festival, and probably most exciting; a fashion showcase called Style X. Like the music festival, this is an outlet for up and coming fashion designers to get their looks out there to the public and some of the coolest people on the planet may I add. Here are some well loved looks for Style X 2012





What unique looks! Here are some other festival photos:


Such inspiration! I personally LOVE festival style because it has to be functional, but fun and easy to dance in. This next fall will be my fifth Bumbershoot and let me tell you, it ain't easy to find the perfect outfit and I usually start planning the three day event at the beginning of the summer.

xx Andie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from my SOULmates xoshalikaxo